- Contact details (including, name, address, telephone number and email address);
- Driver’s license number;
- Sometimes may also need to ask you for other forms of Personal Information to enable us to provide services to you.
Jindabyne Getaways collects your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting Personal Information from you, and may collect in various ways, including emails, letters, telephone calls.
Jindabyne Getaways may collect information about you from the following third party sources: databases in the public domain such as telephone indexes, Australia Post database, or other property databases; and referrals and recommendations from existing clients of Accommodation Jindabyne. Booking.com AirBnB and other third-party booking platforms.
Your personal information may be used to cross-check the Short Term Rental Accommodation (STRA) exclusion register, however information will not be stored on this register unless Jindabyne getaways has cause to register you as an excluded guest due to a breach of the terms and conditions.
If you do not provide us with the Personal Information described above, some or all of the following may happen, we may not be able to provide our services to you, either to the same standard or at all; or we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want, including information about new properties that are available for holiday letting.
Jindabyne Getaways collects information for a range of purposes including:
- enable our agency to provide you with the services and/or products you may require;
- to comply with local, state and federal legislation or regulations, and those specifically related to real estate property sales, rental and administration, and short-term holiday letting;
- to enable our agency to assist you with related services, as required;
- for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements;
- to update our agency’s records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly, whether by email, telephone or mail
- to conduct relevant business processing functions; and
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you.
Any Personal Information about you that Jindabyne getaways collects and records will only be used or disclosed by our agency for the purpose of:
- compliance with obligations under real-estate regulations and laws applicable for all states in Australia;
- for our agency’s administrative, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes; and
- complying with any other relevant laws or regulations.
Jindabyne Getaways may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you.
These may include:
- offering to provide you with products or services provided by our agency and third-party providers; or
- sending you news and other information about our agency’s activities and general promotional material which we believe may be of interest to you.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 When our agency does this, we will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out from receiving any further communication.
You may at any time request not to receive direct marketing from Jindabyne getaways by contacting us we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
When you access our website, we may send a “cookie” (which is a small summary file containing a unique ID number) to your computer. This enables us to recognize your computer and greet you each time you visit our website. Our cookies do not collect Personal Information, although they do identify your browser. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
As our website is linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any Personal Information or other information, which you transmit to us online, is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
You may request access to your Personal Information held by us, at any time by contacting us. We will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing your Personal Information (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will respond to your request for access and endeavor to provide the requested information.
There may be instances where Jindabyne Getaways cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may not be able to provide access to information in the following situations:
- where in our opinion providing the information your request, may create a serious threat to the life or health of any individual or may be an unreasonable intrusion into the privacy of another individual;
- where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of law, or denying access is specifically authorized by law.
If for any reason Jindabyne getaways does not allow you to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons in writing for our decision.
If you believe that Personal Information that our agency holds about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request that we amend it.
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- to employees of our company and our contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you;
- to suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes.
There are some instances when our agency may need to provide your Personal Information to third parties. Jindabyne getaways may be bound by law to provide your details to government-related bodies. Jindabyne getaways will not sell your personal details to other organizations. We may however use the information about you to assist us with internal marketing and research.
We may disclose your Personal Information to entities located outside of Australia, including our data hosting and other IT service providers, who may pass information to secondary data hosting providers located outside of Australia. Jindabyne getaways will take reasonable steps to ensure information collected, used or disclosed is stored in a secure environment that is accessed only by persons authorized by our company so as to prevent interference, misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. If the Personal Information is no longer needed for any purpose, our agency will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the Personal Information.
Jindabyne getaways endeavors to provide a secure environment and a reliable system but you should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the electronic storage and transmission of information (particularly via the Internet) which cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
If you have a complaint or concern you can email, or phone the hosts. We will do our best to try and resolve your complaint within 30 days.